Cidered Beef Jerky
(adapted from Preserve It Naturally) Note: The drying time will vary, based on how thick/thin your strips are, but the batch in the photographs took about 9 hours.
- 1½ - 2 pounds lean beef or venison, cut into strips
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (smoked salt will also add another level of flavour)
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place all the ingredients in a large ziplock bag to marinate. Refrigerate overnight (at least 8 hours).
- Place strips on dehydrator trays and dry at 145 degrees until hard.