Last week I made Peanut butter and Pumpkin treats for the dogs, this week, I wanted to vary the recipe and zucchini was cheap at the greengrocers, so this week I made zucchini and peanut butter biscuits, the basic recipe is the same, with just the variation of the veritable.
This week I also rolled the dough thinner so the biscuits are crisper.
- 2½ cups wholemeal flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
- Saute the zucchini in some olive oil until soft approx 5 mins
- Whisk together the flour, eggs, zucchini, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff. Roll the dough into a ½cm thick.
- Cut rolled dough into shapes of your choice.
- Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.
- Cool in the oven for at least 1 hour and then move to wire cooling racks, this removes the moisture from the biscuit and therefore helps them store for longer.
- Once fully cooled store in air tight container.